July 31, 2021

August Blog Train and Fan Freebie

 Can you believe it's August already?  This has been one busy summer.  I got my chair reupholstered.  About the time I got the chair taken apart, major apprehension set in.  When I was young, our neighbors, Ed and Elvera, reupholstered furniture to supplement their retirement.  I must have paid attention because as soon as I started thinking about them, it all started falling into place.  I sanded all the wood down and painted it a dark Charcoal Grey.  Looks great in our entry way!



This month's blog train colors were fun to work with.  I tried to put in elements that you could use for any occasion that you might be celebrating -- birthdays, anniversaries, family gatherings for no reason in particular...


Sorry...this download is no longer available.

Fan Freebie --

I love our two oceans and the Gulf of Mexico.  I lived in California for several years and spent a lot of time walking the beaches. Vacations in Florida have been great.  But, I'm a Midwest girl.  I need lots of space where animals outnumber people, rain storms that come out of nowhere and snow in the winter (even though I complain about it every year).  This month's Fan Freebie features the "Tropical Fish" I designed years ago for a painting pattern project.  


Sorry...this download is no longer available.

The Boo Update --

Drink water from a cat bowl?  Surely you jest!  Boo has always preferred to drink water direct from the kitchen faucet and from a coffee cup setting on the bathroom counter.  The Kitty Water Fountain was a good solution to make sure he's getting enough fresh water.  It has a filter and a calcium tab, AND...if he's not drinking water, it's so much fun to just watch the water bubble up non-stop :) 


See you next month!

20 comments:

sherry said...

This is super cute !!
Thank you :)
PS: Thanks for the Boo update.
FYI: Not showing in the Pixel Scrapper August Blog Train section !!

Di Hiller Designs said...

Thanks for letting me know that I totally forgot about posting this to the Pixel Scrapper site. Hahhaa...it has been such a busy summer, my multi-tasking skills are just gone :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Very nice, thank you! Boo is the cutest!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cute minis! Love the Boo updates!!

daisydilly (vicki) said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Love that chair! Beautiful!
Thank you for the fantastic kits!

Cesc said...

Your fish are gorgeous! Thanks for the two kits.

DragonChick said...

Thanks for the Boo update!
And for the lovely creations!!!!
(And can we send you our chairs to redo? LOL!)

My Lunatic used to only drink from a dripping faucet. A friend bought her a fountain as a welcome to your forever home gift. She wouldn't go near it. Now she drinks my licking my finger I just dipped into her water bowl on the bathroom vanity!
(NOT spoiled, why do you ask?)

kellaroo said...

You are braver than I, Di. I've considered reupholstering but decided not to. Your chair looks great!

Thank you for both kits. You always have a bit of fun in them, like just the slight twist in the birthday candles. <3

Lynn said...

a fun kit! Thank you!

Jenn said...

I really like your art work. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great mini-kits! Your chair turned out great! My MIL taught me how to do that years ago, and just like you said, it can be daunting to try it yourself. Our dog was afraid of her water bubbler at first, but later, she would sit by it and whine if it got low - even if she had a fresh dish of regular water right next to it. LOL

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for the great kits! The Boo is awesome, as always.

Gala said...

Большое спасибо за Ваши прекрасные наборы и блог!

Lis said...

Thank you so much for this great mini-kits!

unruly said...

I always feel sorry for those who do not have pets in their life. Yes they take up our time to care for them but they give far more in return with love and lots of laughter.
So thank you for all the Boo stories and of course your wonderful kits...Cynthia

Lorri said...

I love both kits you gave us this month. I will get a lot of use from them. Thanks.

Mary K said...

Boo is fascinated by this new water feature! How cool is that!! I also have a chair that looks just like yours, only mine's not done and still in the garage! Your kits are heartwarming as always, Di. Thank you, kindly!

Sarah Charmley said...

Thank you for the lovely mini-kits. Beautiful cat x

Ann said...

Thanks a bunch for the gorgeous kits. Hugs.