March 31, 2023

April 2023 Blog Train and Fan Freebie

 I had to stop by the feed store to pick up grain for the horses a few weeks ago.  It should have only taken maybe a half hour, BUT . . . their baby chicks had arrived!  All different kinds of them. Soooo cute!  A couple hours later when I finally pulled myself away from them and headed back to the ranch, I thought about where I could keep chickens and how to protect them from predators.  I used to have chickens and dearly loved them.  They're sweet and actually like any other pet if you spend time with them.  One time, it was the middle of winter and I went out to take care of all the animals.  Well . . . this Pollack chicken had gotten herself caught between two posts.  I got her out simply by lifting her up where the posts spread wider, but it didn't seem like she could stand on her feet.  I thought they might have gotten frozen.  If you knew me well, you'd know exactly what I did next.  I took the chicken into the house, put her in the bathroom off from the kitchen and turned on the heat lamps.  I made sure she could reach her food and water without having to move much.  When my husband came home from work, he took one whiff and asked if we were having chicken!!  I told him "no, but check out the "rehab center" in the bathroom".  To make the story short, a couple days later, I came downstairs in the morning to make breakfast for the kids and found my chicken pecking on Benny's food on the kitchen floor.  Benny was my parrot and that silly bird was clutching food in one foot and tossing it through the bars of his cage onto the floor for the chicken.  He'd make a laughing noise and then throw out more.  It was the funniest thing I think I have ever seen!


Click  HERE  to download

Fan Freebie --

Yes, I've had rabbits, too!  If you haven't noticed, my entire life has been devoted to critters and kids, and I've loved pretty much every moment.  The colors in this kit match the one above so you'll have interchangeable pieces to build your scrapbook pages.  Hop to it!!


Click  HERE  to download

The Boo Update --

I love gardening in the spring and summer here.  During the winter, I keep my hands in the dirt with a ton of house plants to care for.  The orchid was a gift from my daughter.  I ice it once a week all year long and before the snow melts outside, it blooms.  Boo has a great interest in the plants as well, especially the flowering ones.  I think he must be able to smell the flowers even though people can't.  He just can't resist jumping up and giving me a hand.  Ummm . . . maybe I should say "paw" :)


Happy Easter everyone!

18 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Thank you and Happy Easter! Love the chicks and bunnies.
I am not much of a gardener anymore but to my surprise I have orchids in bloom as well. They seem to thrive with not much attention and a dab of water.

Susan said...

Thank you!! Had a good laugh over the chicken-parrot story!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the laugh :) How cute!! Thank you for your beautiful contribution to the blog train too .. it is much appreciated :) Hopw you have a great April !

marlin said...

Love your stories! Love your kits! Thank you

Tricia said...

Super fun stories, TYFS and for the sweet minis!

craftychic said...

Happy Easter! Thank you for the cute mini and the story of the chicken was hilarious!! I'm sure Boo can smell the plants, our dogs seem to be able to smell things we can't.

Gala said...

Fabulous !Thanks for the great kits!

Fibul (ka2fibule@gmail.com) said...

Thank you so much. Your kits are wonferful.

Scarette said...

Lovely Spring kits and lovely Boo!

Sarah Charmley said...

Thank you for the beautiful kits x

Cesc said...

Thanks for the delightful kit. I love all your cute Easter chicks and bunnys.

kellaroo said...

Thank you for the cute downloads, Di! Your updates are fun to read. too.

grambie said...

Thanks you for your ongoing kindness. Both kits radiate love, joy, and happiness. Always, :)

Lorri said...

Loved the chicken story! Thanks for the spring kit. Hope you had a nice Easter.

Unknown said...

Just adore the Easter mini kits. Many thanks for your lovely work.

Shannon said...

Very cute, thank you for the kits

Tamalita said...

Thank you so much!

Mother of 4 said...

I have to tell you how much I appreciate your downloads! And I especially enjoy your updates on Boo! :) So sweet!
Many thanks!